Summer holidays in Cornwall
Say hello to sun kissed sandy beaches, turquoise ocean waters, clear blue skies and sizzling barbeques in the evening… welcome to summer holidays in Cornwall! If all this sounds like your idea of holiday heaven then you’re not alone!
Cornwall is an unbeatable location for summer holidays, combining outstanding natural beauty, award-winning attractions and picture postcard destinations. Throw in beautiful sandy beaches, a varied line-up of local events and the warm Cornish sunshine and it’s easy to see why summer holidays in Cornwall are so popular.
The county really comes alive in the summer months and Porth Beach Holiday Park is the perfect place from which to see it all. Some of the biggest events in the county’s calendar take place throughout the summer, from carnivals and music festivals to agricultural shows and cultural celebrations! And for those odd days where the sun doesn’t shine, there’s plenty of wet weather attractions nearby too!
See, do and explore with summer holidays in Cornwall
Quite simply, you’ll be spoilt for choice on a summer holiday in Cornwall. Whether you’re planning a romantic break for you and your partner or a family looking for an extended summer holiday, there’s something for everyone – no matter what your tastes or budget. To help inspire you we’ve put together some of our favourite summer time activities….
- Visit some of Cornwall’s top tourist destinations: From the busy resort of Newquay with its fabulous beaches, just a mile away, to the pretty harbour town of Padstow, Cornwall has so many places that are worth a visit. Why not also check out the chocolate box village of Port Isaac, better known to some as Portwenn – the home of TV’s Doc Martin, which is just a short drive up the north coast.
- Enjoy a relaxing drink in the Cornish sunshine: After a hard day exploring Cornwall what better way could there be to relax than to find yourself a bar or café with a seaview and spend a few hours relaxing in the sun? Fortunately, there’s plenty of places nearby where you can indulge in a sunshine drink or two – from the Mermaid Inn across the road from our holiday park to the stunning setting of Lewinnick Lodge in Newquay, there’s no shortage of places for an evening drink watching the Atlantic Ocean waves roll in.
- Discover a secret beach or hidden cove: This may prove a little tricky in the summer months but there’s so many fantastic beaches along the north coast of Cornwall, many of which are home to huge stretches of golden sand. Can you escape the crowds and find your own private sun spot?
- Surf’s Up: Do you consider yourself a bit if a surfing pro or have you never tried the sport before? Well, summer holidays in Cornwall are the perfect time to put on that wet suit and hit the surf! For beginners, we have teamed up with a Blue Surf School to offer lessons. Lessons run daily at 10am and 2pm. Blue Surf School offer free pick up from Porth Beach Holiday Park from where they will take you to their base and get you into your wetsuits.
- Walk the South West Coast Path: If there’s one thing you must do on a summer break in Cornwall it’s to walk a section of the South West Coast Path. The path meanders its way around the Cornish coast and offers some truly spectacular coastal views. You can pick up the path from right outside our park too!
- Enjoy food with a view: Tuck into some of the finest food in the UK right here in Cornwall. The county is simply brimming with highly-skilled chefs, many of who have restaurants right on our doorstep. From Nathan Outlaw’s restaurant in Port Isaac to Fifteen Cornwall at Watergate Bay. Enjoy fantastic food in a great location
- Take in some local events: To get a real experience of Cornwall why not sample some Cornish culture or one of the popular local events? Summer time in Cornwall is when many of those big events take place, from the county’s showpiece Royal Cornwall Show and Boardmasters music festival to Newquay Carnival and Newquay Fish Festival – all well worth a visit!
Fantastic accommodation range
Summer holidays in Cornwall really are the perfect way to see more of this county in the sunshine. Whatever time of year you choose to visit, you can be sure of a great range of self-catering accommodation , great on-site facilities and all at a great price at Porth Beach Holiday Park! Check out our great special offers too, and you might just pick up a bargain summer break!