With its golden sandy beaches, turquoise blue waters and temperatures pushing 30 degrees, you’d be forgiven for thinking you were holidaying on a topical island paradise and not the UK. But there are few better places to be than Cornwall when the sun is shining – and the county has been basking in some of the most spectacular weather it’s had for decades.
Fire up the BBQ and chill out with a drink, head to the beach and soak up the sun or dive in to the crystal clear waters and cool off… the choice is yours!
Book now before it’s too late!
We have limited availability remaining on our caravan holiday homes, glamping pods and touring and camping pitches during August, so please call and book now to avoid disappointment!
Call 01637 876531
Summer holidays in Cornwall
If you love relaxing on stunning sandy beaches, visiting award-winning family attractions and exploring idyllic destinations, then Cornwall is definitely the place to be this summer. Our Newquay holiday park is perfectly placed for you to visit the very best this county has to offer – from Newquay Zoo, Blue Reef Aquarium and the Eden Project to Padstow, Port Isaac and the vibrant resort of Newquay – it’s all close by and just waiting to be explored!
What else is happening this summer?
Cornwall comes alive in the summer months! The county’s What’s On calendar is quite simply bursting with fantastic things to see and do. Here’s our pick of some of the best events taking place nearby…
- Camel Creek’s Cool Summer, July 28-Aug 28: Camel Creek Adventure Park near Wadebridge have a cool Summer planned; packed with excitement, colour and thrills! Whether it’s making a splash in Water Wars or getting soaked in Downpour Derby, Camel Creek is perfect for your Summer adventures.
- Boardmasters Festival, Aug 8-12: This hugely popular music and surf festival needs little introduction! It has grown into one of the biggest (and most successful) festivals in the UK, attracting thousands of people each year. The 2018 line-up has headline performers The Chemical Brothers, George Ezra and Catfish and the Bottlemen. Our park is a just a few minutes from the festival site, so you can catch all the action!
- Falmouth Week, Aug 10-19: Falmouth Week has grown into the largest sailing regatta in the south west with more than 450 yachts racing over eight days, and a lively programme of shoreside events.
- Fowey Regatta and Carnival Week, Aug 19-25: One of the best local regattas in the country,with a fun-filled week for all the family. Events include tightly contested races, a midweek carnival and a spectacular firework display over the harbour.
- Newquay Lifeboat Day, Aug 19: The fantastic Newquay Lifeboat Day is the RNLI’s biggest fundraising event of the year and you are all invited! Head down to Newquay Harbour from 10.30am for this free event help raise money and see what amazing work the RNLI Volunteers and other rescue services do within Newquay.
- Beach Tag Rugby Festival, Aug 24-26: This event has been a mainstay of the local events calendar for over 10 years. This year promises to be yet another fun filled and brilliant weekend with great rugby to be enjoyed by all the family over 2 days PLUS live music!
- Cornwall Folk Festival, Aug 23-27: Head to the nearby town of Wadebridge where there’s an amazing line up of international, national and local performers performing. Gretchen Peters flies in from the States to headline, whilst all over the town on multiple stages, musicians fill the place with music.
How else can I spend my summer in Cornwall at Porth Beach?
If all that wasn’t enough, we’d recommend you indulge in some of the following treats….
Discover a secret beach or hidden cove: Cornwall has so many fantastic beaches, especially along along the north coast, many of which are home to huge stretches of golden sand. Can you escape the crowds and find your own private sun spot?
Surf’s Up: Do you consider yourself a bit if a surfing pro or have you never tried the sport before? Well, summer holidays in Cornwall are the perfect time to put on that wet suit and hit the surf!
Walk the South West Coast Path: If there’s one thing you must do on a summer break in Cornwall it’s to walk a section of the South West Coast Path. The path meanders its way around the Cornish coast and offers some truly spectacular coastal views. You can pick up the path from right outside our park too!
Enjoy food with a view: Tuck into some of the finest food in the UK right here in Cornwall. The county is simply brimming with highly-skilled chefs, many of who have restaurants right on our doorstep. From Nathan Outlaw’s restaurant in Port Isaac to Fifteen Cornwall at Watergate Bay. Enjoy fantastic food in a great location
Our Newquay holiday park has a great range of accommodation for your summer holiday. We have 3 different ranges of holiday caravans, glamping pods and a huge choice of touring and camping pitches – all available at outstanding value for money. Take a closer look at our range below…